Here we are: our first post! We have been talking about starting our own food blog for a while. Creating recipes, cooking, and baking are all huge passions of ours. So, this summer we decided to finally go for it and share our creations with all of you.
For our first recipe: dark chocolate roasted almond butter!
This recipe is very easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients that you probably (hopefully!) already have.
Let’s talk about what you need to make this chocolate goodness.
- Almonds. These are full of unsaturated fats, aka the good kind of fats that your body needs to absorb certain vitamins and for heart health.
- Cocoa powder. Using this ingredient is a great way to obtain a killer chocolate flavor (with only 10 calories per tablespoon).
- Coffee. This brings out the chocolate flavor even more. It also adds caffeine to give you a boost in the morning.
- Honey. It’s a natural sugar providing just the right amount of sweetness in this recipe. Local honey is even better if you can get a hold of it. Did you know that regularly eating local honey is a natural remedy for allergies?
- Salt. There is minimal salt in this recipe- just enough to bring out all the other flavors.
Not only is this almond butter super simple to make but it’s also insanely versatile. You can enjoy it on a slice of bread, with a banana, on top of yogurt, in your favorite smoothie, or even just spoon it! It’s that good!! The options really are endless here.
Breakfast/snack time/dessert just got a whole lot better.
Be sure to comment below if you make this recipe and check out our Instagram page: @ksera_eats.
Time: 10 minutes; Yield: about 1 cup
2 cups whole, unsalted almonds
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the almonds on it. Spread them out to ensure that they will roast evenly.
2. Bake for 10 minutes or until the almonds are fragrant. Allow them to cool slightly.
3. Put almonds into a food processor and process until a smooth consistency is reached. This will take a few minutes. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor when needed.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until fully incorporated. Spread onto your favorite bread, and enjoy!